In a fast-paced world like ours, it’s easy to lose ourselves in our ambitions. Looking out for others somewhere takes a back seat and so children need to at an early age be given opportunities to inspire andget inspired by human values.
Engaging children in sports is not as much about health or fitness as much it is about team spirit. Kindness, compassion, empathy are human values that cannot be taught but still need to be acquired. And children will only acquire these values when they work and play with other children.
How can team spirit help in your child’s growth?
- Enhances productivity: When children learn to work in a team, they develop a sense of belonging and collectively come together to achieve a goal. And working with different minds can really help reach the goal faster and better.
- Value diversity: People are different and children understand that very well when they work in a team. They learn to embrace different cultures, different interests and different ideas.
- Put others before self: Empathy is a powerful value. It can make us think and act in ways that can change the world. Children are capable of reminding us adults when we are in over our heads. When they work with teammates they start thinking about how to keep them happy and comfortable. This need isn’t realised when they work solo.
- Face fears and failures better: Confidence building is one of the most favourable things about team spirit. Children will have their lows and their teammates who identify with them will help get through it. Children who work in teams are backed by the strength and team spirit which helps them overcome their own barriers and fears.
- Building friendship: While working in teams, children have the opportunity to know and understand each other very well and develop the strong bond of friendship which can stay strong for a lifetime.