Tired of the excuses your children are making to avoid home-cooked food and binge on junk food? It’s time you show your kids that home cooked food can be as tasty as junk food, just healthier!
Here are some options:
- Kid-friendly wraps: Avocado and cheese or kidney beans and lettuce…you can take your pick. Kids love cheese, ricotta cheese would be a healthy choice. Among the veggies red peppers, baby spinach, carrots, and cucumber are the go-to choices! Your choice of bread could be chapathi, roti or plain parathas.
- Homemade Pizzas: Pizzas made at home are healthy and yummy! Here are some options you can try: Feta cheese, olives, bell peppers or if you want to go the Hawaiian way, pineapple & cheddar cheese is an option. Try and get whole wheat pizza bases or if want to go all out and make a homemade wheat base at home, try this recipe.
- Paneer Paratha: When it comes to vegetarian food, kids undoubtedly make paneer their buddy. Paneer parathas can be another tasty breakfast or lunch box option that will make you the world’s best mommy! Mint chutney and curds will just make it more interesting. Watch an easy recipe of paneer paratha here.
- Banana Pancakes: After this your kid will never say no to a banana. This protein-rich pancake makes for delicious & super-filling breakfast option. Check out a super-easy recipe for this here.
- Brussel Sprouts Salad: It’s a delicious way to get your kiddo to eat the controversial Brussels sprouts. Chopped apple, Hazelnut and Pecorino cheese make this salad an instant favourite. Here’s the full recipe of this very special salad.