Answer the office call.. Feed the kids.. Eat something.. Cook something first.. Manage household chores..
Being able to work from home is undoubtedly amazing. With no commute, comfortable pyjamas, loads of family time, it’s just something we all dreamed of at some point in our lives.
But now we moms have realized that it requires a lot of planning, organization and commitment. So to help do that, here are a few things you can consider for maximum productivity while working from home:
- Create a schedule. Creating a shared family schedule for everyone to follow will ensure all family members are on the same page.
- Have a morning routine. By getting up early, you will have more time for yourself. Use this time to relax and prepare for the day.
- Exercise. One way to increase performance at work is by being proactive. Exercise is beneficial for both your personal and professional life. It increases blood flow to the brain which further sharpens the mind and keeps you alert.
- Dress up. Dress up in office attire by putting on a nice shirt, jeans and shoes. This will help you feel ready to tackle the day.
- Set a time for household chores. Ensure to dedicate some time to house cleaning and chores in your daily schedule. This will help you become more organized.
- Plan your meals. A healthy diet is very essential when you are working from home. So eat food that helps you function and focus better and not drain your energy.
- Have a dedicated workspace. Find a calm and positive place somewhere around the house where you can concentrate and work efficiently.
- Identify your most productive hours. Find your high-energy times. And, handle work that needs your utmost brain and creativity during this time.
- Create a to-do list. From waking up to going to bed, add every task to your to-do list with a priority rating. This will help you become more efficient and narrow your focus each day.
Disconnect from social media. Social media notifications are a huge distraction. You avoid being distracted, either set an app time limit or set a specific time for social media.